The USFL is set to kickoff in less than a month, and we’re seeing the league really ramp up for their upcoming season. This week training camp is set to begin with all players reporting to Birmingham, AL.
According to WBRC FOX6, the USFL is now actively scouting… not for players, for singers and cheerleaders.
If you’re interested in signing the National Anthem during a USFL game this season, just fill out the application here. You’ll be asked to submit a recording of an acapella version of the Anthem along with your application. Selected singers will be contacted and asked to perform on a rolling basis throughout the season.
Additionally, the USFL is on the hunt for cheerleaders. The league will be hosting tryouts March 26th from 3-6pm and April 2nd from 9am-12pm. Tryouts will be held at the Birmingham Volleyball Club (101 Cahaba Valley Pkwy W, Pelham, AL 35124). If you’re hoping to land a spot in the USFL as a cheerleader you can apply here.
- Perform for the United States Football League’s inaugural season April 16 – June 19, 2022
- All games to be hosted in Birmingham, Alabama at Protective Stadium and Legion Field
- USFL Cheerleaders will receive national TV exposure each week with select games each week nationally broadcasted on FOX & NBC
- Uniforms, shoes & accessories to be provided by the USFL
- Competitive compensation package
Beyond creating more opportunities out if this venture, it’s effectively confirmed that the USFL will have cheerleaders. Looking back at the last two spring football operations (AAF & XFL), we did not see them go that route.
If you’re in the area and either of these roles are up your alley, head to the respective application now for your chance to participate in the upcoming USFL season.